I have been busy, busy lately! I’ve got a lot of ideas in the works and on my brain all of the time. Fun things are going to be coming to my blog this holiday season. I’ll just tease you with that, because I can’t say anymore. 😉
Even though I wasn’t able to start school this semester as I had hoped, I’m still staying very busy between work and my blogging ideas. Not starting school has also given me a lot more time to think about what it is I want to do with my life. Maybe a little too much time to be honest. Problems of an over-thinker.
It is all good, though. For me it isn’t a matter of finding something I want to do, but rather deciding which to pursue first. There is always something new that I want to learn. Like right now? Right now I just want to start selling coconut butter or muffins (or anything) at the Farmer’s Market I shop at. Doesn’t that sound fun? I tell people my idea of fun, and they look at me a little funny. I bet you will get it, though.
I used to shy away from this entrepreneur side of me out of fear of not being perfect, but lately I am all about embracing it. Enough about me, though.
You want to hear about the easiest dinner there is. All you need is a beef roast, bacon, herbs, salt and pepper and a slow cooker. Lay your bacon at the bottom of the slow cooker, top it with the beef roast then salt and herbs, and cook it on low for 6-8 hours. Done. That’s it!
And while your beef and bacon cooks all day, making your house smell fantastic, you can
mow rake the lawn or go for a hike. Or bake some apple cider donuts. I will find any excuse to link back to those apple cider donuts. Really just do what ever you want, and then enjoy beef and bacon for dinner! To make a complete meal, serve it with sage roasted butternut squash puree or your favorite side dish.
- 6 Slices of bacon
- 2 Pounds beef chuck roast
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Sprig of rosemary
- 3 small Bunches of fresh thyme
- Lay the bacon at the bottom of the slow cooker, allowing the pieces to overlap slightly.
- Place the chuck roast on top of the bacon and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Lay the rosemary and thyme on top of the roast.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the herbs from the cooked roast and discard. Transfer the beef and bacon to a large bowl, leaving the excess fat behind. Between two forks, shred the beef and bacon. Add small spoonfuls of the excess bacon fat into the shredded meat as needed to keep the meat moist.
- Serve along side your favorite vegetable side dish.