I love making breakfasts for my family that I can’t eat. I’m not even being sarcastic right now, I really do! I think making food for other people to eat is pretty exciting, because who doesn’t want to eat without actually having to cook anything? I love doing that. Why else would I love leftovers so much?
On the weekends I get excited to cook up grain-free pancakes, muffins or an bacon and egg breakfast dish. At least I can eat the bacon. That’s the best part anyways, right? I’m asking a lot of rhetorical questions in this post. I guess I should clarify that I don’t like to make my family these meals because I can’t eat them. I just enjoy cooking them a meal I know they’ll love. If my unfortunate intolerance to eggs didn’t exist, you can bet I would be all over this scrambled egg bake!
Baking scrambled eggs is pretty great, because they take less effort while actually being harder to mess up. There’s nothing worse than a dry, crunchy egg when you expect a fluffy egg breakfast. Okay, maybe there are a few things that are worse. Only a few. They also take up less stove space. You could no doubt serve this by itself or along side fruit for a filling breakfast. If you want to prepare a big brunch or family breakfast, though, you’ll still have room to make sausage, pancakes and hash browns. All without worrying about cooking dry, crunchy scramble eggs!
- 8 Slices precooked bacon
- 12 Eggs
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 8 Ounces roasted red peppers
- 4 Ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Teaspoon salt and pepper
- Cook your bacon on the stove top over medium high heat or by baking in the oven at 400 degrees until cooked through.
- Slice the bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 12 eggs with the coconut milk. Stir in the roasted red peppers, cooked bacon, sliced mushrooms and salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into a large glass baking dish and place in the preheated oven.
- After 10-12 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and mix the eggs well to scramble. Return the dish to the oven and cook until the eggs are completely cooked through (another 10-15 minutes).
- Serve along side fresh fruit and enjoy!