I’m really enjoying creating pink desserts for Valentine’s day. Baking is always fun, but it’s a little more enjoyable when the end product comes out pink. Or maybe that’s just me? I think it’s safe to say that everyone’s (or every girl’s) favorite part of Valentine’s Day is the chocolate. It’s all about the chocolate, which, as you may not know, I’m allergic to. (sigh) So for me, it’s all about the pink this year!
Do you find it ironic that I’m allergic to chocolate? I do. I love creating desserts, and everything really is better with chocolate. I’m the first person to throw in some (or some extra) chocolate to anything I’m making. Luckily, I’ve got two amazingly honest taste testers in my house, willing to try everything I whip up.
These Pink Velvet Cheesecake Bars are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, egg free, paleo and vegan! As long as you’re not allergic to chocolate, almost everyone should be able to enjoy them. They’re also no bake, so they can be made easily. A perfect dessert that kids can help make without creating a mess or burning themselves. Let’s face it, that lasts one is good for the adults too. I’ve been known to burn myself and create a mess quite frequently in the kitchen. Oops.
The bars are creamy and smooth like cheesecake, but have a good crunch from the chocolate chips. Serve them for friends or family after dinner, or grab one out of the freezer when a craving hits. Either way you’ll be pleased!
- 1½ C Walnuts
- ¼ C Dates
- ½ tbsp Coconut Oil
- ⅔ C Cashew Butter
- ⅓ C Organic Palm Shortening
- ¼ C Dates (soaked)
- 2 tbsp Full Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Beet Juice
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1½ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 oz Dark Chocolate or chocolate chips (about ⅓ C)
- Add the crust ingredients to a food processor and grind until well combined. The mixture will clump together.
- Spread the crust in the bottom of a glass 8x8 square dish.
- Soak ¼ C dates in water for 1-2 minutes, then transfer them (without the water) to the food processor. Add all of the remaining filling ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, to the food processor and mix until smooth.
- If using a dark chocolate bar, chop it into smaller pieces. Stir the chocolate into the filling and spread over the crust.
- Set in the freezer to chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Cut into 9-12 pieces, drizzle with chocolate and enjoy!