Welcome to my new blog! The decision to start a blog didn’t come lightly to me. I love to cook and, even more so, I love to bake, but putting my recipes out there for viewers (I hope I’ll attract a few readers!) is a big commitment. I knew I would have to invest a lot of time just learning the essentials. And boy are there a ton of aspects to food blogging! Cameras, props, lighting, writing, editing, computer skills… I wanted to learn it all before I even set up my blog. Then, the other day, I thought, “Why not just jump in with both feet?”
So that is what I am doing. I have a passion to share my kitchen creations and what better way to learn than through experience?
My blog will be dedicated to providing grain free recipes, but I’ll have options for all dietary needs. My greatest passion lies in baking and a vast amount of my recipes will reflect that passion. I love creating desserts that family and friends can enjoy without being left in pain or feeling guilty about what they’ve eaten.
I hope that, through this blog, you’ll find desserts (like these Oreo Cream Pies!) and dishes that you can make again and again to please your own friends and family. I am very excited to jump start into the world of food blogging and share my recipes and experiences in my own little corner of the web. I hope that you’ll stay tuned to see what this new experience has to offer. I’d love to connect with any viewers I might have out there so don’t hesitate to get in contact with me. In the (hopefully near) future my blog will be linked through my accounts on some of the major social media sites. Until then, you can find me through Pinterest and Instagram.
I’d love to thank anyone who reads this first post, so please leave a comment at the bottom of the page!
- ⅔ C Sunflour* (or almond flour)
- ¼ C + 2 tbsp dutch cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ C honey
- ⅓ Coconut Oil (melted)
- ½ C full fat coconut milk** (chilled and thick top layer separated)
- ¼ C Organic Palm shortening
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the honey, oil, and egg. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- On a greased cookie sheet, scoop 20 even sized balls of cookie dough and press them to flatten (dough will not spread significantly on its own).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the cream ingredients together until just thick and place in the fridge for 20-30 mins while the cookies bake and cool.
- Sandwich a dollop of cream between two cookies and repeat until you have ten cream pies.
**Place your can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight and the thick cream will naturally separate. Be careful not to shake because you need to scoop the cream out without the excess liquid.
Store your Oreo Cream Pies in the fridge for the cream to hold its consistency.