Nut-free chocolate and sunflower seed cookie bars. Made without the oven and with minimal clean up! They’re nut free, egg free, dairy free and paleo-friendly.
Soft, crunchy no bake chocolate cookie bars coming at you! Who’s ready for a healthy dessert?
If the fact that all of my non-paleo relatives loved these dessert bars is any hint, then you will definitely want to go buy sunflower seeds and take out your mixing bowls. The five minutes you spend mixing the ingredients are worth the cookies times ten. Just don’t eat all of the dough before they freeze into cookie bars!
Despite being frozen, the texture is soft and smooth with a perfect crunch from the sunflower seeds. If you took a jar of crunchy peanut butter and turned it into a chocolate fudge cookie, that’s pretty much what this dessert is. In other words, complete food happiness.
These are similar to the very-much loved chocolate coconut cookie recipe I posted last year, but nut free for anyone with allergies. Just make sure to keep them chilled until ready to be eaten. The coconut oil will soften at room temp after 15-20 minutes, and the cookies will melt back into a dough.
No bake cookie bars are great to avoid turning on the oven in the summer heat, and they’re also a sweet treat to keep in your freezer any time of year for when the dessert craving hit!
- ½ Cup sunflower seed butter
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ Cup honey
- ¼ Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ Cup shredded coconut
- ¼ Cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients, excluding the chocolate sauce.
- In a small mixing bowl, melt the coconut oil for the chocolate sauce. Whisk in the honey and cacao powder.
- Mix the chocolate sauce into the sunflower seed mixture until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into a square greased dish. Use a dish no larger than an 8x8. I use a large loaf pan.
- Place the dish in the freezer until firm, about 1-2 hours.
- Cut into bars and serve straight from the freezer.