Energizing breakfast smoothie with cold-brew coffee, chocolate and banana.
I’ve started drinking coffee again for the first time in three years… because college. A few times a week, I start my morning with an iced coffee with almond milk and collagen peptides, or treat myself to a healthy mocha smoothie!
Chameleon Cold Brew is my latest obsession because it’s ready-made and I like that it’s fair trade and organic. But, feel free to use any coffee you prefer. If you brew your own, just be sure to let the coffee cool before adding it to the smoothie.
Unfortunately, I still haven’t had chocolate in over three years (allergy), but I do sub in carob for a similar chocolatey flavor. When everything is mixed with the banana and dates, you get a sweet smoothie that tastes like an iced mocha, but without any of the added fillers or syrups you would get from the coffee shop. I also like to add in extra heath boosters like spinach, chia seeds or collagen peptides to make the smoothie more nutrient-packed and filling.
This smoothie, along side a couple hard boiled eggs, makes a quick, energizing breakfast when I’m running out the door for class, and it’ll be even better for a treat when the summer weather heats up! (Can’t wait for summer! 😃)
- ½ Cup vanilla flavored chameleon cold brew + ½ Cup water (or sub 1 cup cooled coffee)
- ½ Cup almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 Frozen banana
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder (or 2 Teaspoons carob powder for chocolate allergies)
- ½ Cup Ice
- Pinch sea salt
- 1-2 dates or maple syrup to taste for sweetness
- 1 Cup loose packed spinach
- 2 Tablespoons collagen peptides
- 1 Teaspoon chia seeds
- Toss all of the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Use more or less almond milk for a thinner or thicker smoothie.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy! (Serves 1-2)