When it comes to creativity in the kitchen, my baked goods are the ones that really shine. While tasty, my meals in general are very simple. Sometimes, simple is what people need though. When you find savory meals on my blog, simple is what you’ll get! Foods you can enjoy day after day without spending hours in the kitchen. Cue salmon salad.
Canned wild-caught fish is always my go to meal. When I’m not in the mood to cook a meal, I know I can always grab salmon, sardines or tuna and be satisfied. The possibilities to dress them up really are endless. My favorite way to enjoy salmon, however, is in this salad. I absolutely love the flavor combination of ginger and lemon. Really, I’d dress just about anything up with ginger and lemon! For me, salmon steals the cake though. Yum, cake.
I hope you’ll enjoy this recipe as much as I do and find that it helps you have a delicious meal when you’re in a pinch or just not in the mood to cook!
- 2 Cans of Wild Caught Salmon
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Medium Carrot- grated
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Coconut Aminos
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. In a bowl, mash the flesh of the avocado.
- Drain the cans of salmon before adding them to the mashed avocado. Add the olive oil, lemon juice and coconut aminos and combine.
- Stir the grated carrot into the salmon.
- Season the salad and serve.
- Enjoy on top of fresh greens, in a lettuce wrap or straight from the bowl.