Creamy homemade coconut butter that is so easy to make!
I’m a self proclaimed coconut butter addict …
And luckily, it’s beyond easy to make at home!
Homemade coconut butter also has the advantage of saving your wallet lots a’ moo-lah. I can’t even look at those $12 jars of coconut butter anymore, now that I can make my own jar of organic coconut butter for under $4. It’s craaa-zay!
What’s that you say? You’ve never even tried coconut butter before?
Think of almond butter, but from a coconut. The meat of the coconut gets ground down into a smooth, luscious butter. The flavor is all that of coconut, satisfying with a hint of sweetness.
You can spread it on pancakes, waffles, muffins or fruit. You can use it in any recipes that call for coconut butter. Or, quite honestly, you can just eat a spoonful straight from the jar! No judging here …
So, to make this dreamy coconut butter, all you have to do is blend up some shredded coconut!
Place it in the blender:
Start blending on low:
Gradually increase the speed until the butter is completely smooth and creamy:
And pour it all into a jar!
Seriously, that’s it!
At room temperature, it’ll thicken into a creamy coconut spread.
- 4 Cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place 4 cups of shredded coconut in a high speed blender.
- Put on the lid and use the tamper if your blender has one.
- Begin blending on low ad gradually increase the speed to high. I bring it up to high once, then reduce it back down to medium speed until completely smooth.
- Pour the coconut butter into a jar, seal with a lid and store in the pantry.
- Spread the coconut butter on grain free pancakes, eat it off a spoon or use it in any recipes that call for coconut butter!
Leave me a comment and let me know your favorite way to use coconut butter, or how you’re most excited to use it if you’ve never tried it before!