All the flavor of a cinnamon roll in easy to make blender waffles! Served with cinnamon sauce and coconut cream cheese glaze. [Nut-free, dairy free]
There are many, many reasons that I am excited for this recipe! The first being CINNAMON ROLL WAFFLES. I mean, c’mon! Who doesn’t want to take [arguably] the two best breakfast treats and mash them together to make one sweet, cinnamony breakfast?
This cinnamon roll-waffle mash-up is completely nut-free and made with Cassava flour. Cassava what? … You’ve heard of it, right? If you’re like me, then you heard about it awhile ago but took way too long to actually order a bag and test it out. Let me just add here that this post is not sponsored at all. I didn’t receive any product or payment, BUT I am excited about this flour.
It has a feel, taste and even smell closer to real gluten flour than any other grain free flour, and it’s made from a vegetable: yuca root! Hello nut-free baked goods without a kajillion eggs. I’m glad I finally jumped on the Cassava flour wagon.
This isn’t a bad way to start either. Perfectly fluffy waffles, a maple cinnamon sauce that mimics cinnamon-sugar filling …
And a luscious coconut butter cream cheese glaze. 😍 I’m not complaining.
Cinnamon rolls are one of my absolute favorite breakfast goodies. [Mostly because anything extra-cinnamony is delicious!] I never had them in my house growing up, so it was always a big treat to have them at a friends house. There’s something to love about cracking the metal container on the counter, baking the gooey, soft cinnamon-filled rolls and packing on extra glaze.
Making a homemade from scratch version takes a lot more time and effort than simply cracking open that metal container. Unless you pack all that cinnamon roll flavor into a gluten free blender waffle!
Whip up the batter in a blender, pour it into your waffles maker and top your waffles with all that cinnamon-glaze goodness.
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ Cup coconut butter (check out my post for how to make coconut butter)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-8 Tablespoons water
- 1½ Cup Otto's Cassava Flour
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Cup full fat coconut milk
- 4 Tablespoons tahini
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the ingredients for the cinnamon sauce in a small bowl and set aside. It will thicken more as it sits, so microwave it for few seconds before serving.
- To make the cream cheese glaze, mix the ingredients in a food processor. Start with 4 tablespoons of water and add more 1 tablespoon at a time to make the glaze completely smooth and to your desired thickness. Set the glaze aside.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
- Place the wet ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add the dry ingredients into the blender and continue to blend until well combined. The batter with be very thick! Scrape down the sides with a spatula as necessary, and use the tamper stick if you have one.
- Heat your waffler maker per the manufacturer's instruction.
- Scoop ⅓ cup of batter into your waffle maker and cook until golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- Top the waffles with the warmed cinnamon sauce and "cream cheese" glaze.
Join my weekly newsletter to receive email updates and an exclusive 10-recipe ebook! 💜