Flourless fudge brownie bites filled and topped with 3-ingredient avocado fudge frosting!
Who doesn’t love brownies? Maybe you have made countless grain-free brownie recipes from any other of the amazing blogs and cookbooks you can find. Sweet potato brownies, almond flour brownies, coconut flour brownies … I’m not saying these are bad! I’ve made plenty for my family, and they always devour them for one simple reason: Brownies. Are. Fantastic.
But how many flourless, fruit-sweetened, egg-free, paleo brownies have you had? Probably not so many.
Flourless fudge brownie bites are soft, rich and fudgey. My computer is once again informing me that fudgey is not an adjective, but why the heck not? Real word or not, these brownies ARE fudgey. They bring me back to when my grandma always had a tin of soft, chewy brownie bites for a celebration or family night, but with a creamy fudge frosting center.
That’s right. Don’t just put the frosting on top. Pipe the frosting into the brownie bites for a fudge-filled center! When you take a bite, the brownies will ooze with Ridiculously healthy fudge frosting.
- 1 Ripe plantain (yellow with a few black spots)
- ½ Cup pitted dates
- ¼ Cup cashew butter (sub Sunbutter for nut free)
- ¼ Cup melted coconut oil
- 1 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup cocoa powder
- ½ Teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ Teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine the plantain with the dates and process. Add in the cashew butter and combine until smooth.
- Transfer the plantain mixture to a medium mixing bowl and stir in the coconut oil, vanilla, cocoa and baking soda. The batter will be thick.
- Scoop and press the batter into a well greased mini muffin/cupcake tin and bake for 15-18 minutes. Let cool before removing from the tin.
- Use a piping bag to fill/top the brownie bites with the fudge frosting and enjoy!