Gingerbread is my favorite flavor this season. First I made gingerbread cookies from Taylor Made it Paleo and then I made this shake. Okay it’s really only been two things, but I am loving the flavor! I kind of want to make everything gingerbread flavored right now.
Warm cinnamon, soothing ginger and aromatic cloves in a sweet cookie … mhmm.
I took that cookie flavor and packed it inside a fruit-sweetened and dairy-free shake. A shake that feels like a milkshake and tastes like a cookie … but it’s actually healthy!
Sometimes I just really want a cold, creamy milkshake, and this will be my new winter go-to. At least until next year. 😉
And you might even already have all of the ingredients in your house. Don’t you just love it when you can make a recipe without even going to the store?
So clearly I am in love with gingerbread right now, but let me know: What’s your favorite holiday cookie this year?
- 2 Large frozen bananas
- 2 Dates
- ¼ Cup Great Lakes Collagen Hydrolysate(optional. Can sub 1-2 scoops protein powder)
- 2 Cups coconut milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
- ¼ Cup sunflower seeds (can sub 2 tablespoons nut butter of choice)
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cloves
- ½ Cup ice
- Add all of the ingredients, excluding the ice, to a high speed blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add the ice to the shake and blend again until the ice is chopped and the shake has thickened.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!