Yesterday I went out to the garage to take some food pictures, because that’s where I have to set up my “photo shoots” to get any good lighting. Either that or I have to use a tiny table squished between my bed and bedroom window, where I have absolutely no where to stand much less take a decent picture. Anyways, I went out to take pictures of a different summer treat I’ll be posting soon, and I heard a lot of scurrying and scratching between the boxes, like there was an animal in there. I didn’t stick around to find out what it was. Luckily, I left the garage door open and I haven’t heard anything out there since. I’ll tell you, whatever the animal was, it sounded big. I was imagining a raccoon or opossum running out at me, and biting my feet. It didn’t help that I was barefoot. Now every time I go out to take pictures of a recipe, I’m going to be afraid to see a huge animal. I’ll be wearing shoes for now on.
I really don’t like wearing shoes. Anyone else prefer to just walk around barefoot? Now I’m rambling.
It’s getting hot outside, and that makes it a perfect time for ice cream. Ice cream is really good any time of year, but I guess more people like it best in the summer. Ice cream has definitely always been my favorite dessert. I grew up always having a carton in the freezer, and there weren’t many flavors that I didn’t like. I think it’s pretty safe to say that everyone enjoys chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, though.
My favorite thing about this recipe, is that there is no ice cream maker required! Let me repeat that. Ice cream without an ice cream maker! Because making the ice cream requires blending ice cubes of coconut cream, you can actually make enough for just one serving at a time. Simply blend as much of the coconut cream as you wish, and stir in your chocolate chip cookie dough! Using my healthy chocolate chip cookie dough recipe, this ice cream is gluten free, grain free, egg free, dairy free, nut free, refined sugar free, paleo and vegan.
- 1¼ Cup coconut cream (or full-fat coconut milk)*
- 2 Teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼- 1/2 Serving of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Combine the coconut cream, syrup, vanilla and salt. Fill an ice cube tray with the cream mixture and freeze until hard (about 2 hours or up to overnight).
- Prepare your chocolate chip cookie dough. Separate ¼-1/2 of the dough, roll into small pieces and chill.
- Once the cubes are frozen, allow them to sit out 5 minutes before placing in a vitamix or other high speed blender. Process until the mixture clumps together and has a smooth consistency.
- Fold the cookie dough into the ice cream and serve.
The ice cream is best when served soon after preparing. If refrozen, it will need to defrost a bit in the fridge.
To make smaller servings at a time, simply use a few cubes and leave the rest in the tray for later.