Arguably the best part of baking chocolate chip cookies is eating the dough. We’ve all done it, and we’ve all been told a thousand times not to. Moms yell about how we’ll get sick, but who does that stop? Children sneak their little hands into the bowl and scoop out a bite of raw dough, because it’s simply too darn good to avoid!
Luckily for all you moms out there, I have a dough made specifically to be eaten raw. Did I mention that it’s healthy? This dough is gluten free, grain free, egg free, dairy free, nut free, refined sugar free, paleo and vegan. Geez, what a mouthful. It can be made quickly and easily by combining the ingredients in a food processor. What you do with it from there is up to you! Roll it into balls, form it into cookies or eat it straight from the bowl. Flattened, the dough will look just like chocolate chip cookies. When you bite in, however, you get the smooth, creamy feel of that beloved chocolate chip cookie dough.
If you’re like me and skip past all of the typed blog-talk mumbo jumbo and go straight to the recipe, then you’re probably already enjoying your cookie dough. Otherwise, what’re you waiting for? This just might be the best chocolate chip cookie dough you eat!
- ¾ C Sunflour* (or almond flour)
- ¼ C Almond Butter (or sunbutter for nut free)
- 4 Dates
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Nondairy Milk
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Handful of chocolate chips
- Place the dates in a food process and grind until well chopped.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor, excluding the sunflour and chocolate chips, and mix.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour with the liquid ingredients and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into 15 small cookies and place them in the fridge to chill, or just enjoy straight from the bowl!
Store your cookie dough in the fridge.