A tummy-soothing 5 ingredient smoothie with fresh ginger!
Hey guys! 😎 Thank SO, SO MUCH for all of the awesome, kind feedback after my interview with Kara on Primal Palate! Bill and Hayley are such huge inspirations in the blogging/cookbook world, and I was really excited when they asked me to be apart of the series that they were doing on teenage bloggers. If you missed it, you can check that out here.
Over the weekend I had a little flu bug, and my appetite was gone. I tried to eat a little beef and vegetables, but my body wasn’t having any of it. I always love ginger to sooth my stomach when I’m not feeling great, but didn’t have my usual go-to, ginger kombucha, in the house to sip. So I instead I made a soothing smoothie that’s not too sweet, and has a pinch of ginger in it.
This smoothie has a great balance of sweet, spice and nutty flavor. I didn’t have any coconut milk on hand so I decided to sub with toasted coconut and water, and I love the resulting flavor and texture.
- ¼ Cup coconut flakes
- 1 Cup ice
- 2 Medjool dates, pit removed
- ¾ Cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ½ Small avocado
- 1 Cup water
- Pinch of fresh ginger (sub cinnamon if you prefer)
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and place the coconut in the pan. Heat until toasted to a golden brown color, stirring to ensure even toasting. Let the coconut cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the ice, dates, blueberries, avocado, coconut and water to a high speed blender and blend on high speed. Add in a pinch of fresh ginger and blend.
- If desired, add more water for a thinner consistency.