When it comes to planning menus for a holiday or event, I am either prepared way before I even need to be, or I procrastinate until the last minute. Only having to prep for four people, this isn’t too big of a problem for me. I can always throw something together with what we have in the house. If I had to bring a dish to a larger gathering, however, I would want to bring something that is sure to please. These Bacon wrapped mini-weenies, although they don’t require much time or a long list of ingredients, do just that!
The light sweetness of the Avocado Honey Mustard pairs greatly with the saltiness of the bacon wrapped weenies. As a bonus, the recipe is also dairy-free, egg-free and low in sugar, so they will work for almost all dietary needs. Whether you need a last minute party favor or a quick lunch, both adults and kids will be satisfied!
- 1 Package (8) of grass-fed hot dogs
- 8 Pieces of thick sliced uncured bacon
- For the sauce:
- 2 Small hass avocados
- ¼ C Yellow mustard
- ½ C Olive oil
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut each hot dog into 3 equal sized pieces. Likewise, slice each piece of bacon into three pieces.
- Wrap each hot dog piece in a strip of bacon, being sure the bacon overlaps itself.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place the bacon wrapped pieces in the oven while it is heating up. Let them cook until browned, about 20-25 minutes.
- While the weenies cook, prepare the sauce.
- Mash the avocados in a bowl and combine with the remaining sauce ingredients. Salt and pepper the honey mustard to your liking.
- Serve with the mini-weenies and enjoy!