A simple summer salad with strawberries, avocado and apple cider vinaigrette.
It’s my latest addiction and has me crying into my fridge as I realize all the strawberries have been eaten. By me. Sorry Dad.
But guys, it’s so easy to make and it’s so good!! GAH I can’t even think of the right technical blog-type food descriptive words I should probably be using, because what does “so good” taste like anyways?
Like summer, and like fresh strawberries drizzled with sweet tangy vinegar dressing and creamy avocado to pull it all together. A perfect bite contains a little bit of everything on top a forkful of fresh greens. The simple balance between sweetness, bitterness and tang is what has wanting this salad again and again.
Can we just take a minute to appreciate the beauty that is strawberry season? When I visit the farmer’s market this time of year, the baskets of bright red strawberries just call out to me. So perfectly sweet and dazzling. I’ve probably said it before, but I’ll say it again- if I had to live off just one food for the rest of my life it would be strawberries. WAIT can I cheat and have two? Give me strawberries and avocados and I think I will have forever happiness.
This recipe is so easy and healthy, and it will have you feeling great about your life choices. It’s a salad that makes you crave eating salad at every meal, because those do exist. I actually ate this salad for breakfast yesterday topped with a fried egg because addicted.
This salad is great as a light lunch, or pair it with protein for a complete meal. I like it best with cooked chicken or hard boiled eggs. Even if you don’t have protein already cooked in your fridge, you can cook a few eggs and have lunch ready in 15 minutes!
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon pure maple syrup
- Black pepper to taste
- Spring Mix Lettuce
- ½ Large avocado per person
- Strawberries, stems removed and quartered
- Place the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar with a lid. Seal the lid and shake until the dressing is well mixed.
- Place the spring mix in a bowl and top with the strawberries.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Carefully seperate the skin from the avocado flesh and place open side down on a cutting board. Thinly slice.
- Use a knife to transfer the avocado to the salad.
- Top with the vinaigrette, toss and enjoy!
- For a complete meal, you can add in cooked chicken or hard boiled eggs.