Zucchini and kale cooked with coconut aminos. Just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes! Gluten free, soy free, vegan and paleo.
This recipe is super-duper “Is this even a recipe?” simple. If your kitchen is anything like mine, you probably won’t even have to go to the grocery store to get the ingredients! It’s a rare sight to not have a bunch or Costco-sized large bag of organic kale in the crisper drawer of my fridge to toss into any stir-fry or hash.
I do realize I am one of those odd kale-obsessed individuals and that many people are glad to not have any kale in their life. BUT STICK AROUND GUYS. Even the normal person who scrunches her face at a bunch of kale can love this dish. I proooooomise!
I didn’t even plan on posting this recipe at first. It’s one of those things I just throw together often because again, I pretty much always have these ingredients on hand. After my grandma, aunt and dad all requested that I make a zucchini and kale vegetable dish again though, I knew I had to share! How often do family members request kale? Yeah, not so much.
So here it is! It took me longer to share than it probably should have (considering how easy it is to make), but enjoy! I love adding leftover chicken or precooked sausages to my bowl for lunch or dinner in under 15 minutes.
- Prep your vegetables: Cut the zucchini into slices, then half or quarter the slices depending on how large they are. Remove the kale from the stems and chop the leaves into pieces.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add your cooking oil. Add minced garlic to the pan and cook for a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the zucchini to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Toss the kale, coconut aminos and dijon mustard into the pan and stir. Season liberally with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook until the kale has wilted, another 1-2 minutes.
- Once the kale is wilted and the zucchini has softened, remove the lid and stir in the crushed red pepper. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper as needed.
- I like to add a drizzle of olive oil when served.
Join my weekly newsletter to receive email updates and an exclusive 10-recipe ebook! 💜
Have you tried my nut-free kale pesto pasta?